[MLB-WIRELESS] Lucent WPII-E

gabrielle harrison and Paul van den Bergen gabpaul at melbpc.org.au
Tue Apr 18 06:18:53 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have a new job. Yah me.  We have some APs here that I want to do stuff
with if I can.  LXE AP1000 which appears to be a re-badged Lucent WPII-E
(AP 1000) or WavePoint II-E sometimes called WP2-E, and stuff like that.

Opened the box up and the processor inside is an AMD 586 type thingy - not
got details to hand - so I presume it could theoretically run linux or
bsd-based router/ap OS like openWRT or etc.  Infact apparently they can
run software AP replacement made by Karlnet.

Have seen the inards of one of an AP1000 on the internet and the layout of
the board is similar but not identical.

wondering if anyone has encountered these machines previously or knows
what can run on them.

as far as I can work out they have 2 ram chips comprising 1,048,576 16 bit
words - which I presume is 2 MB not 16 MB - for a total of 4 MB onboard
ram.

any advice appreciated. google has been only partly applicable. even a
manual would be a start... :-)

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Chance favours the prepared mind