[MLB-WIRELESS] Hirose MS-147 pigtail

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Mon Apr 3 20:43:15 EST 2006

Get your trusty soldering iron out, desolder the connector and hardwire
a pigtail to it :) Might be cheaper than what the card is worth.

Having a look at some photos of it, it looks like there are two
radiating elements (antennas) - one being a PCB patch and the other
being an elevated sheet metal patch (possibly shorted stub). If you
cannot switch diversity off via software, you might be forced to cut the
transmission line and short it to ground via a resistor (30-100ohms
should be sufficient - there is no guarantee the tx line is 50 ohms).

Here is a high res photo for anyone interested:
http://www.mobilnews.cz/blog/files/nec_disass_motherboard_front1.jpg

or

http://www.mobilnews.cz/blog/?p=6