[MLB-WIRELESS] New world record for wifi link (125 Miles).

David Smith dwsmith at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 18 22:57:09 EST 2005

Gary,

I've put most of the high peaks around Vic and the Snowies into Radio
Mobile, including Kosciusko (sp) and the longest LOS path I've found is
"only" 247 km - Mt Erica to Hallett Hill in the Otways.  I could be
wrong however!  It's a very marginal path though, skimming close to the
water across the bay.  Plus, this assumes a clear takeoff at each end.

Receive preamps would be a definite must.  Most of the cards seem to be
relatively "deaf" from figures I've seen.  The only legal limit is on
the transmit EIRP, so you can make the receiver as hot as you like / can.

Regards,
Dave.