[MLB-WIRELESS] Problems at work

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Aug 13 20:28:25 EST 2005

I would be telling work to mind their own business of what I do in my
free time. Your time is your own, not company time.

It is not illegal to war drive. It is not illegal to receive
unencrypted data. Period.

What is illegal, is if you war drive with the intent to break into
systems, or if you actually break WEP encryption to access the
network. It all comes down to intent. If you only want to survey the
area and don't look at networks you come across, then that's fine. If
you want to try to gain access to areas you shouldn't - even if it's
a home network - then you are walking the very fine line of the law.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Phone: (03) 9308 3238 - 0412 935 897