[MLB-WIRELESS] New world record for wifi link (125 Miles).

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 3 23:36:56 EST 2005

At 10:18 PM 8/3/2005, Adrian Lodders wrote:

>I've got a 400VA UPS, depending on the load it should work for a while.
>Also have 1x 24Dbi ex galaxy, 1x (I think 15 or 18dbi) modded hills and
>8 slot 180 degree waveguide.
>As well as 3x CB radios (1 uniden and 2 generic) for group use.
>And a good few meters of CFD200 (maybe useful).

Well, I have 2x50 Ah SLA batteries (one with carry handle, perfect for this
sort of exercise), 2m all mode radio and CBs for liaison, laptop capable of
running off said batteries, needs kismet and suitable drivers installed
(runs FC3).

supposed 15dB converted Pac Mon antenna (might be OK for Tx in a pinch)

compass (might be useful :) )

2m sniffer (double check rough bearing on 2m ).

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com