[MLB-WIRELESS] New world record for wifi link (125 Miles).

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 3 17:30:55 EST 2005

At 04:47 PM 8/3/2005, you wrote:

>I've never been to either, but I'm not sure that either Camels Hump or the
>peak of Buffalo (The Hump?) are accessible directly by car.  If not, it
>means that all of this would need to be lugged up to the sites.

There is a car park at the base of Camels Hump.  From there it's a steep
200m walk, but I'm willing to be a pack mule for any attempt at that site,
provided there's no clashes with other events.  Good practice for
rogaining... ;-)

>I have a 2.4GHz portable SSB setup that might be handy for setting up the
>link.  Mike Borthwick also has one (G'day Mike ;-))

Something I must get.  Can't do SSB up there yet.  I could manage NBFM
(50mW) with a little setting up...

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com