[MLB-WIRELESS] What's Paul doing now???

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Oct 31 14:24:04 EST 2002

> I am at Swinburne (caia.swin.edu.au) setting up a wireless
> test bed :-) for
> the next 3 months or so...

Cool! :)

> as it is I won't be able to make the meeting as I will be
> somewhere between
> here and Broken Hill (now that would make an interesting long
> range test...
> perhaps we should get the packet radio bods in to look at
> using non-802.11
> links to do long haul connections :-)

Piece of cake on 7 or 10 MHz... :)  Hmm, if there was someone willing to
talk to us in a demo style setup, I'd consider hauling out the HF gear and
TNC.  :)

> Anyway, we here at Swinburne CAIA are rather interested in
> seeing how we can
> support Melb Wireless.  Please drop me a line (initially at
> my home address -
> gabpaul at melbpc.org.au - at least until I get my work address
> sorted... HR
> works in mysterious ways...) if you can think of ways we can
> assist the
> wireless community.

I'll see if any ideas come to mind...

> We are also going to be setting up IPv6 on our wireless testbed...

l337! :)

> Long term we are interested in attracting research funding
> and interesting
> projects to run on the test bed...  Please feel free to
> contact me in this
> regard if you have any ideas...

Well, has anyone got a really satisfactory mesh going in the past?

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain