[MLB-WIRELESS] Virus...

Michael Weinbergs michael at online-admin.net.au
Thu Oct 24 17:03:07 EST 2002

After spending weeks cleaning BugBear up (I pronounce it now officially the
highest recorded incident rate of my 12 customers (ie. >300 users) in the
past month) - it has surpassed Klez.
Our virus checkers are catching about 20 attacks per customer per day (most
of my customers are recruiters - susceptible to attachment-type viruses).

To clean it up (you can run this over an infected or a suspect machine - it
wont' delete anything unless it finds infections) check here.
It has caught EVERY infection I have seen.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear@mm.remov
al.tool.html

run it even if you think you are sure it is clean!
Update your virus definitions - my favourite comment nowadays!
Mike