[MLB-WIRELESS] Node BCA is closing down

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Wed Oct 23 11:15:56 EST 2002

> As a last guesture Barry, would it be possible to write a
> constructive piece on why you are leaving and the difficulties
> you faced (technical and political)?  That way, those of us who
> are left may be able to remedy the problems you had and avoid
> following the same path.  Maybe it will even lead to someone
> producing a 'off the shelf' solution which may convince you
> to join us again in the future?

I too agree that this is immensely sad to see one of us (and one of our
best) leave. As mentioned above, some info on some of the difficulties
you faced would be invaluable to the community.

Although it may be a case of shutting the gate after the horse has
bolted - is there possibly something that anyone (or a group) on the
list can do to remedy your problem(s)? I must admit it is somewhat
unfortunate that it takes a message of goodbye to galvanise action, but
as mentioned by Tony, I don't think many people realised that the
situation was that desperate.

Any possiblity of a last ditch effort to save the node? A benefit
concert maybe?

Cheers,

	Fenn.