[MLB-WIRELESS] Amish antenna raising

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Wed Oct 16 10:42:08 EST 2002

Apologies if this is spamming the list again, but my mail spool has been
doing some strange stuff over the last couple of days. I still haven't
found the e-mails and don't know if my original one made it out to the
list.
This Saturday is the infamous Pascoe Vale South Amish antenna
installation. Free beer, wine for the more refined, meat-laden barbecue
for the carnivores, and vegan grub to cater for the little bit of vegan
in all of us. Oh, and an OptusNet account that's still on netstats if
that paddles your boat.
Bring a chair, stubby holder, hammer drill, masonry bit, lightweight
roof-walking attitude (hey, we have 60-year-old cement tiles, so no way
is a heavyweight getting up there), the lappy, whatever wireless toys
you can think of, and box-hacking skills. If you're bringing any pieces
of equipment, throw in a power board. I have a couple of monitors that
can do the rounds as long as people don't mind sharing.
The address is 34 Shedden Street, Pascoe Vale South. Phone 9382 5045 if
you need to. Barbie fires up around noon.
No one is allowed to leave until the antenna is up and delivering
packets over at least a kilometre. Or the beer runs out.

--
barry park
http://wireless.bur.st/ ||| community wireless project