[MLB-WIRELESS] Dropouts with Enterasys cards

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Tue Oct 1 10:48:28 EST 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Ian Donaldson wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:06, Jamie Lovick wrote:
>
> > It could be a firmware issue. I have had issues with some AP's using the
> > Orinoco 8.1 firmware, including things like slow transfer rates.
>
> Bingo. Closer inspection shows the card is running firmware "Variant
> 2, version 8.1". As the latest Enterasys firmware appears to be
> 6.06, I'm assuming this is orinoco firmware.
>
> However, the Enterasys flash software doesn't appear to be capable
> of putting 6.06 back on the card. I run the updater, it claims to
> have flashed sucessfully, but when I reinsert the card its reverted
> back to the 8.1 firmware.
>
> Anyone got any ideas why this might be?

I think the updater will only work with the old 6.25 (I think it
is) driver.

If you're running 7.44, which uses it's own firmware when the driver
is loaded, it won't write it.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----