[MLB-WIRELESS] RE:(Why So Many Problems) Most humble appologi es!

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Tue Nov 20 08:41:18 EST 2001

> We should have a policy for this in the future? I personally
> don't mind
> a posting once a week, with whatever ads people like in their sigs
> (within reason). The main issue people had with this was a bunch of
> messages in a row, and the perceived mercenary nature of the
> whole thing.
>
> So, can we have some sort of consensus on this?

I have no problem with this at all.  Sounds reasonable to me.  Sig ads are
good for those people who have a web site (well, technically I often have a
.sig ad. :)  Ads do have a place here, IMHO, provided it's kept to a
reasonable level.

> - No ads at all?   (I'm not sure this is preferable)
> - ads per designated frequency (once a week? month?)
> - subject-line notification (put [AD] in subject line etc.

Once per week max.  The use of [AD} should be encouraged, but people being
people, don't expect 100% compliance.

> etc.
>
> Because this will crop up again in the future, with the accompanying
> flames, gripes, long-running discussion, etc.
>
> my vote: ads, once a week or fortnight, stuff in subject line

I think this is reasonable.  I like the sound of that, but will be more
specific and say once per week.  Subject line to clearly indicate it's an ad
- Ideally with the banner [AD}, but at lease indicating "for sale",
"wanted", or some other clear indication it's an ad.  I don't think we can
enforce a specific banner too much, you can't get 100% compliance in the
real world. :-)